Position Open: Intern for Congregational Vitality
The candidate for this intern position should have a passion for congregational life and vitality and congregational development. They should be bilingual (English-Spanish), a self-motivated worker, an effective organizer and comfortable with creative process in emerging programs. Candidates must be willing to undertake basic tasks and see ways to improve them. Among tasks that will be expected are:
- Provide administrative support to the Canon for Congregational Vitality and Development and the Congregational Development Commission.
- Attend Congregational Development Commission meetings as secretary and team member.
- Handle registration for all Congregational Development programs including: Instituto de Liderazgo Ecuménico, Renewal Works events, Renewal Works Coach Training events, Renewal Works workshops and other events as they are developed.
- Book meeting space, parking, and hospitality for meetings. Send out meeting notifications for the CDC, RW Coach Training and the Canon for Congregational Vitality.
- Handle copying and/or electronic distribution of training materials for Instituto de Liderazgo Ecuménico, Renewal Works, Renewal Works Coach Training and Renewal Works Workshops and other events as they are developed.
- Work with Diocesan Communications to ensure that Diocesan electronic notifications of recruitment, workshop dates, and other publicity are shared in a timely manner.
- Handle financial reimbursements and payments.
Please note that although the position includes many administrative tasks, the person will have the opportunity (as their schedule permits) to work with the Congregational Development Commission and the Canon for Congregational Vitality in all aspects of program development and implementation, strategizing for ministry in the Diocese of New York, and equipping leadership to face an ever more diverse and multicultural ministry context (as is the Diocese of New York, whose boundaries extend up to Kingston in the north, west to Pennsylvania, east to Connecticut and south to Staten Island). Although we need the candidate to have Spanish skills, they need not be Episcopalian to be considered.
The position is part time and under the supervision of the Canon for Congregational Vitality. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to The Rev. Canon Altagracia Perez-Bullard, PhD, Episcopal Diocese of New York, 1047 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025. Questions? Call 212-316-7433.
Canon for Congregational Vitality [connections id=”62″ template=’slim-plus’ enable_search=FALSE enable_bio=FALSE enable_bio_head=FALSE ]