Director Sought for the Episcopal Service Corps
The newly forming Episcopal Service Corps New York is searching for a director to begin as soon as possible in August to oversee the existing New York Intern Program and launch new programs in the Diocese of New York.
The New York Intern Program (NYIP) at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Manhattanville is a service-learning program for young adults to strengthen their justice commitments and spiritual lives through specific worksites, study and community life. The NYIP experience allows interns to be transformed by making a difference in the struggle for justice, dignity and human rights. Interns deepen their understanding of themselves, their vocations and the world through a formation process that includes contemplation, critical thinking and embodied action. The NYIP recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. A plan is on the way to start a new program at Trinity Church, Morrisania in the Bronx and at Grace Church, Millbrook in Duchess County.
We are searching for a candidate with the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of related experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Program and project management; nonprofit management experience preferred.
- Volunteer recruitment and management.
- Formal or informal teaching, including curriculum development.
- Experience working with young adults.
- Conflict mediation/management in interpersonal settings.
- Working in multi-cultural communities and with a wide variety of people.
- Facilitating interpersonal engagement of issues of justice.
- Working with a religious congregation preferred.
- Knowledge of local city politics and culture preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice and advocacy work.
- Community organizing experience a plus.
- Develop, maintain and update social media sites.
- Strong information literacy skills, and the ability to learn new systems (officeware, databases, etc.) quickly.
Salary is $ 50k – $60k, plus benefits, commensurate with experience.
The deadline for the application is July 22nd.
Interviews to be arranged during the week of July 25th.
The starting date is August 15th or as soon as possible.
Send resume, cover letter and the names of three professional references as a single pdf document to Bishop Allen Shin’s Assistant, Michelle Chang, at email@example.com.