The Eucharistic Visitor is a licensed lay ministry in the Episcopal Church. At the conclusion of Sunday worship, those who have been authorized to serve as Eucharistic Visitors take communion to fellow parishioners who are homebound or hospitalized.
Has your priest, deacon or warden identified you as a member of the congregation who is called to serve as a Eucharistic Visitor? This two-hour online training will teach you about:
- Spiritually preparing to make a visit;
- The materials that you will need for a visit;
- What to do once you arrive;
- The worship/liturgical content of a visit;
- Writing up a visit for clergy or warden; and
- What to “do” or not do after a visit.
The Rev. Deacon Denise LaVetty will lead the training.
Registration has been limited to 25, and is now closed. To be placed on the waiting list, please email Arlene Bullard at the email address listed below.
For those registered, instructions for joining the Zoom training will be sent to you before Sept. 19.